a mom and three sisters master each of their
unique culinary skills in four kitchens across the country.

Monday, January 31, 2011

WTF? Stuffed Pizza

My new goal for this blog is to learn how to ONLY Cook for Two... not Twelve... and learn to use only what's in the fridge and pantry.  

I'm doing my best to stay away from italian food, but for some reason, my fridge has everything I need this week for Pizzas and Pastas... sorry! :)
So tonight was WTF? Stuffed Pizza.  When "creating" this... I had no idea what I was doing.  I was attempting to make a stromboli, or something of that nature, and it turned into a stuffed pizza!  My taste-tester, Kev, has a new fav for a red sauce pizza pie!

What I had in my fridge:
8 small meat balls (the frozen kind you find at Costco... ya... I think a new staple in the freezer)
1 1/2 chicken sausage links (left over from Presto Pesto Pizza)
1/4 ball Mozzarella 
1 Green Bell Peppers
3 slices of a Onion
Pizza dough
Parmesan Cheese
Butter

Pantry:
Marinara Sauce (you only need 1/2 a jar)
1 T. Red Pepper Flakes (or less if you don't like it spicy)
1 T. Flour
Oregano
Salt


Directions:
1.  Let dough rest for 15-20 minutes
2. While dough rests, slice bell pepper and o
nion in 1/4 inch slices and put into a pan with a 1/2 T. of Canola oil on medium-high heat.  Sprinkle with salt.

3.  Let onions and bell peppers caramelize for 3 minutes.
4.  Slice Sausage into 1/4 inch rounds and add to pan.
5.  Slice Meatballs in half and add to pan and heat through.
6.  Add red pepper flakes (to taste) and stir.



7.  Once everything is heated through, add marinara sauce and let simmer till dough is ready.
8.  Roll dough out to a rectangle. About 13x9 (the size of the pan your going to cook it on) and place dough on pan.

9.  Place dough so the short end is facing you.  Place mixture in section 2 of picture.
10.  Fold section 1 over section 2.
11.  Add the rest of the mixture to section 3 and fold section 4 all the way over the whole pie.
12.  Poke 6-10 holes on top of pie and spray or brush with olive oil.





13. Bake 10 minutes (or as directed on dough packaging)










14.  Remove from oven and brush immediately with butter, sprinkle with parmasan cheese, and sprinkle with oregano.
15. Put back in oven for 2 minutes 
16.  Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment